Recent Cleaning Posts
When was the last time you had your ductwork cleaned?
While most people know the SERVPRO brand for water and fire damage restoration, we also provide other crucial services to homes and businesses. One such service is duct cleaning.
Air ducts perform the essential functions of moving the air around your building, providing hot or cold air depending on the season, and helping to maintain proper air quality and circulation. Like everything else in your home or business, it requires regular maintenance and cleaning to perform at its best. Over time, ducts can be filled with dust and dirt particles, or even mold spores and other harmful contaminants. While your HVAC’s air filters are meant to help remove these things from the air, they don’t always get all of it, and a build-up can occur in the ducts. This buildup can limit airflow and ultimately affect your HVAC system’s efficiency. Not only will this increase your energy costs, but it can also make it harder to maintain a comfortable environment for your staff and customers. Not only are you losing efficiency and air quality by neglecting your air ducts, but if left long enough this dust buildup can become a huge fire hazard.
Air duct cleaning should be done roughly every three to five years, or more depending on the building and what it’s used for. If your business needs a duct cleaning give us a call or fill out our form online and let us know how we can help!
How To Keep Your Small Apartment Clean
The time for spring cleaning is here!
Maintaining a small space may seem like an easy task, but it’s easy to overlook simple spaces that can contribute to making your place look and feel dirty. Follow these tips and tricks to help keep your home clean.
- Blinds and Curtains – dust tends to easily build up on these over time. Most curtains can be thrown into the washing machine but be sure to iron out the wrinkles before hanging them back up. Blinds can easily be placed in a bathtub with a little bit of dish soap, hot water, and a little bleach. Let them soak and them scrub them with a cleaning brush.
- Doors and Light Switches – these spaces are usually ignored when cleaning around the house, even though they can have the most germs on them. Use your favorite cleaning solution and spray and wipe away the dust, smudges and germs that have been built up over time.
- Baseboards – these hard to reach areas are also often ignored but they can hold a lot of dust and other contaminants. Take a wet cloth and a bucket of soapy water and run it along the boards to pick up dust and make them shine like new.
- Air Vents – when was the last time you even paid any attention to the vents in your home? An easy way to clean these dust collectors is to run your vacuum brush over them and watch the dirt disappear. To make sure they are extra clean, try taking a wet paper towel and whipping over the vents to ensure no dust is left behind to circulate throughout your home.
If you would like your home professionally taken care of, SERVPRO of Chesterfield and SERVPRO of Tri-Cities Plus is always here to help with your cleaning needs.
Today marks the 31st anniversary of SERVPRO of Chesterfield!
The growth of our franchise over the years has been phenomenal! What started out in a 10 X 10 room, has grown into a 50,000 square foot warehouse - employing up to 100 fantastic team members.
We couldn't have come this far without the support of our local communities in Richmond, Henrico and Tri-Cities and especially in Chesterfield. Thank you to our customers and clients for choosing Team Bahen to combat your disasters. Whether it's a fire, water, mold damage, or even a simple carpet cleaning, we are always here to help!
SERVPRO of Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico, & Tri-Cities, Plus is so excited for the future growth of our franchise. Here's to 31 more years!
Carpet and Rug Cleaning - New Service!
New Rug Cleaning System
As you may know, SERVPRO of Chesterfield is widely known for handling fire, water and mold damages professionally and effectively. But, what some people forget is that we offer numerous of other services to home and business owners as well!
Carpet and rug cleaning is a service that we deal with on a day-to-day basis. Even the highest-quality carpet and rugs can show soiling over time. It is important to clean your carpets and rugs regularly, especially ones that have a high traffic rate. As a general rule, you should have your carpets and rugs professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. However, children and pets are huge factors that contribute to ware and tare and staining of your carpets and may require a more frequent cleaning. The IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification) states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming regularly is key to proper care and maintenance. However, just vacuuming every once in a while is not enough to get a good deep down clean.
We offer a range of specialized cleaning methods such as:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry
- Dry Cleaning: when color-fastness is an issue
Because we understand that our customer’s rugs are a very valuable material in their homes and business, SERVPRO of Chesterfield is excited to announce a brand new rug cleaning system!
This new state-of-the-art rug cleaning system offers our customers the opportunity to drop off their rugs at the SERVPRO of Chesterfield office location to be professionally cleaned. With this new system it will allow us to expand our already wide customer rug cleaning services to our residential customers with our new drop off rug service. The system comes equipped with a very large rug cleaning machine, which removes over 90% of moisture from rugs of almost any thickness in 3 minutes or less. This allows even heavy and dense textiles such as ninety-line hand-knotted Oriental rugs, to be processed quickly and efficiently. It also provides an electric hoist system that easily hangs the rugs for efficient drying and storage.
SERVPRO of Chesterfield will put into effect this new system within the next two weeks and will begin accepting drop off rug cleaning services. For more information, please contact our office at 804.378.2323.
FIRELINE Contents Restoration - Our New System!
Our crew being trained on the new FIRELINE system!
SERVPRO of Chesterfield has recently adopted the FIRELINE system, which has become the most widely used contents restoration production system in the industry. We are always looking for the best tools in the industry to satisfy our customer’s needs and provide them with the best results possible.
What is FIRELINE?
The FIRELINE Contents Restoration cleaning system is designed to thoroughly clean contents affected by soot damage, smoke damage, and other contaminants. This state-of-the-art, stainless steel construction delivers the ultimate in durability and efficiency, while utilizing the latest advancements in ultrasonic technology. FIRELINE provides consistent, high-quality cleaning results and high-volume production. It also comes equipped with specifically crafted contents baskets to cut down on damages caused by manually handling contents.
The Four Stations
The FIRELINE production system includes APW 4800 Pre-washer, APC 4800 Ultrasonic Cleaners and Oversize RDS 4800 Rinse Detail Station. Each of these units can accommodate three contents baskets simultaneously. The system also includes the TD 8000 High Volume Tunnel Dryer. Designed to keep up with FIRELINE’s high flow production rate, the Tunnel Dryer accommodates up to four contents baskets at a time.
After cleaning the affected contents, each item is carefully wrapped and placed in a specific labeled box to be delivered back to the customer. Trust the experts at SERVPRO of Chesterfield to professionally clean your contents with precision and care!
ElectroClean Electronics Cleaning System
Christie Newman (Marketing & Sales Manager, Lee Cross (Marketing Representative) & Theresa Kelsor (Crew Chief) use ElectroClean to clean inside of TV.
What is ElectroClean?
ElectroClean is a state-of-the-art electronic database program designed to quickly and systematically test items that may been impacted by fire, soot, water, and other contaminants. This portable computer station keeps an inventory of each item. A three stage testing process provides value to the insured and the insurance company that once the restoration process is complete, the electronics are in working order. The ElectroClean system determines salvageable items and eliminates costly electronic replacement by determining what is restorable versus when replacement is required.
- Eliminates the expense of replace electronics when salvageable
- Items tested before any other process, tested again after cleaning, testing a third time after ozone cleaning
- On-site inventory, consistent forms/documents, standardized pricing
- Portable computer testing system with cloud-based database
- Tests hard drives from computers and provides data recovery
What Can Be Tested?
- Computers, Hard Drives, Key Boards
- TVs, Wireless Controllers
- Gaming Devices, Consoles, Remote Controls
- Cables and Electronic Cords
- DVD players, DVDs, CD players, CDs
Technology is not only valuable, but it is something we rely on every day. SERVPRO® of Tri-Cities understands this and therefore has adopted the ElectroClean system to salvea our customer's electronics. We deeply care about the customer and will do everything we can to salvage your personal belongings, making it "Like it never even happened!"